I’m still so busy (I was in university working on a group project ALL day yesterday (Saturday)!) but, obviously, it’s hard to work if you haven’t got anything to eat! I made these biscuits in literally 15 minutes. They taste really good, are very addictive and have lots of sugar in to keep you awake! I also justified these as being a practice run for Valentine’s Day! I cheated a bit with the icing and used Renshaw Ready to Roll Icing which you can buy in Lakeland. It’s only 1.49 and seeing as it iced 16 biscuits, saved me heaps of time and tastes good, I don’t see why you shouldn’t use it! Anyway, here’s the recipe I used (I can’t remember exactly where I found it sorry – I just Googled for an easy recipe!). I only ended up rolling out half of my dough so if you make cookies roughly the same size as mine, you’re looking at around 30!
- 225g butter
- 200g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 340g self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and grease some baking trays.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Fold in the flour.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into a ball – add more flour if it’s too sticky.
- Dust a surface with flour and roll out your biscuits.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just turning brown.
- Ice however you prefer once cool.