Here is the recipe I used for my Father’s Day cupcakes. The Nutella icing was an experiment but worked nicely and went down well with everyone here!
For the cakes…..
85g self raising flour
25g cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
115g golden caster sugar
For the icing…..
200g icing sugar
1 or 2 tbsp Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4 and put 12 cupcake cases in a cupcake tray.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs together in a mug using a fork and then add gradually to the mixing bowl. Beat each time you add more egg.
5. Sift the flour and cocoa powder if needed and then fold gently into the mixture with the baking powder.
6. Share out the mixture evenly into the cupcake cases and then bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. To make the icing, cream the butter and then gradually mix in the icing sugar. Then mix in a couple of dollops of Nutella.
8. Top the cakes with the icing and decorate however you like!