Here’s how I wore my nails at my friends wedding last weekend. I had ordered Nubar 2010 from Amazon but unfortunately it didn’t arrive on time (took them a week to tell me that it was damaged in the post and they didn’t have a replacement to send – so annoying!) so I had to make an emergency purchase on Friday afternoon. After much deliberation I went with Nails Inc Royal Arcade Nail Jewellery and paired it with my Ciaté Sand Dune.I really love the combination and can’t wait to try the Nail Jewellery over some other colours. Some bonus points- it drys really quickly and is really good at staying chip free! It is however a bit of a pain to remove but totally worth it! Do you like it?
For the first time in ages, this week I attempted some sort of nail art! I went with a simple design – I’ve done a similar one before so was pretty sure it would work out. I’ve used Rimmel Green With Envy and Ciaté Sand Dune. I really like these two colours together and I think they complement each other well although next time I might try to make the tips a little smaller. I also could probably have done with an extra coat of gold as there are a few little turquoise bits showing through but I don’t think it’s anything major. My lines are a little wonky but it’s not all that noticeable from a distance! What do you think?
I know I promised some posts other than nail posts but here’s another one! This is another polish I got in Boots last week. I’ve been looking for a nice yellow for a while now and have finally found one….
It’s on the gold side of yellow with a bit of shimmer and actually goes with my skin tone unlike other brighter yellow polishes I’ve tried. The formula is good and it’s easy to apply but you definitely need at least two coats or it looks a bit patchy. I really love how summery this colour is! What do you think?
In case you didn’t know, Mother’s Day is on the 18th of March this year! I’ve put together a few ideas for you……
1. Paperblanks sell a range of gorgeous notebooks which are way prettier than your average Staples notepad! This flowery design costs £10.99 and, I think, would make a wonderful gift.
2. I’ve stumbled across some really lovely National Trust beauty products. The packaging is smart and the scents are unique – I love Countryside: Cowslip & Meadowsweet and Coast: Rock, Samphire and Driftwood which have nice fresh, not overpowering smells and remind me of summer! I’m very surprised at how good the products I’ve tried are and I think they’d make a great Mother’s Day gift.
Coast Hand & Body Wash, £7.50
3. Blue Nun sparkling wine with pieces of 22-caret gold leaf! At £9.59 a bottle I think this would make a really fun gift!
4. St Ives products are always brilliant and this Apricot Invigorating Scrub is no different! £5.10
5. Aromatherapy Associates have lots of luxurious products. I’m in love with this mini set of bath oils, but be warned, it’s not cheap at £28.50. (Worth it though!)
6. Love Hearts, £1.39 – A quirky little gift!
I’m pretty sure I’ve already done a Nails of the Week post this week but never mind – it’s Christmas! I used a Rimmel 60 Seconds nail polish for the base (819 Green With Envy) which normally looks turquoise but adding the gold glitter has made it look much more green. It looks different colours in different lights so here are a few photos for you……
I’m not going to have time to post now until after Christmas so I hope you all have a lovely few Christmassy days!