1. Homemade Christmas card from my sister.
2. Our Christmas tree.
3. Sparkly nails.
4. Nail gems.
5. Mum’s Christmas tree.
6. My sisters, looking good as ever!
7. Puzzles in the car on the long drive home.
8. Cute perfume set from Accessorize.
9. Managed to make poached eggs using my Poachies!
10. Made a cake for my sisters visit.
11. Face mask time!
12 & 13. Walk by the sea.
14. Best card game ever!
15. Fireworks at New Year!
1. Homemade Christmas card from my sister.
To be honest, the only thing remotely Christmassy about this nail design is the glitter! I started off with a layer of Rimmel Green With Envy and then sponged some Ciaté Angel Wings over it. I was going for an icy effect but was a bit heavy handed with the Angel Wings so it didn’t look great. I decided to add some purple glitter and I really liked the end result. What do you reckon?
1 & 2. Visited Crathes Castle when Nick’s parents came up to stay for the weekend.
3. Chocolate & peanut butter cupcakes.
4. Found a cute street while walking by Aberdeen harbour.
5. My first ever glitter gradient.
6. Homemade min pecan tart.
7, 8 & 11. Putting up the Christmas tree!
9. Cheerful orange roses.
10. Christmas candles.
12. My mum bought me a new tree decoration!
I’m getting well excited for Christmas now! The last few weeks have gone so quickly and I can’t believe it’s only just over a week to go! Last week I decided to attempt candy cane nails. They turned out pretty messy because I tried to paint the stripes freehand which was a bit of a mistake. They looked ok from a distance though and definitely felt very Christmassy!
I’ve got a few more ideas which didn’t fit into my other Gift Guides so here you go…1. Sranrom Contemplation Candle: This candle smells gorgeous! It’s a blend of camphor and jasmine – I’ve never smelt a candle similar to it before. Sranrom also have lots of other lovely products including this hand cream which I have been using for the last few weeks – it’s amazing! RRP Candle £24, hand cream £8
2. Cat Slippers: These knitted slippers are one of the many gift ideas from FindMeAGift. They fit size 4-7 and are lovely and fleecy inside! RRP £19.99 but on sale now for £15.99
3. Accessoryo Bags: Accessoryo have lots of bags at reasonable prices including this faux leather one for £17.99. They also have bags for men and children as well as other products like clothes, jewellery and shoes.
4. Demijohn Flavoured Vinegar: These vinegars are great gift ideas for foodies. There are loads of different flavours including apple, lemon and elderflower. Y0u can also buy gift sets and find recipe ideas on the website.
I’m properly getting into my Christmas shopping now and thought I would share with you some really lovely gift sets I’ve come across….
1. Dr Lewinn’s Smooth & Glow Gift Set: This set contains 1x Facial Polishing Gel 150g and 1x Instant Beauty Radiance Booster 50g. The Polishing Gel polishes away dead skin cells to give skin brightness and the Beauty Radiance Booster hydrates. RRP £28
3. Arbonne Nourishing Shea Butter Hand Cream Collection: There are three gorgeous hand creams included in this gift set – original scent, English Garden, and the lavender scented Meadow Flower. The hand creams contain shea butter, vitamins E and A and cocoa seed butter. I love them! RRP £23
4. Lola Rose Calming Amethyst Bathing Fables: Lola Rose have some lovely products. This set contains Calming Amethyst Shower Gel 100ml and Calming Amethyst Body Cream 100ml. The smell is amazing. RRP £20
1. Arbonne Ginger Citrus Body Butter: I love this body butter, it smells wonderful! RRP £23 for 340g
2. The Bubbles & Butters Company: I love the fun, colourful packaging of these products and they are not too expensive either. The Super Soft Bath Bubbles cost £6 for 450ml and the Skin Nourishing Body Butters cost £6 for 275ml. You can buy this range online here.
3. Calcot Manor Beauty Products: This is a spa range available from Tesco. I have the body scrub and de-stress shower gel and they are just gorgeous.
4. Ajala Spa Botanical Bath & Shower Oil – Energising Amyris & Bergamot: This is a brilliant oil and is really moisturising – perfect for winter skin. It’s not as expensive as other spa brands and you can but it online. RRP £12.99 for 100ml
5. Benbow & Blake: There are some great looking products in this range. I have the Bath & Body Wash which smells amazing! RRP Bath & Body Wash £12.50 for 15ml
6. Ahava Red Ornament Christmas Gift: This is a really lovely Hibiscus & Fig Botanic Cream Wash in cute packaging. RRP £6 for 85ml
Hope you all had an amazing Christmas! I’ve had a lovely few days so you will probably see a Christmas post up very soon!
I’ve decided to run a little giveaway over the New Year and here’s what you could win ……hand cream….eyeshadows…..lip balm……lip gloss…….nail varnish……and more……
As usual, enter by leaving a comment at the end of this post and here are the ways of getting extra entries:
- Subscribe to my blog by clicking the link on the sidebar (either GFC or FeedBurner).
- Follow me on Bloglovin’ using the link on the sidebar.
- Like my Facebook page.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Make sure you include @hels89 so that I can see your tweet and also the link to this post! As it’s Christmas, I’ll be generous and say that if you tweet again on another day I will give you another entry! (Up to a maximum of 6 Twitter entries).
The giveaway will close on Monday 16th January and the winner will be randomly chosen.
I’m pretty sure I’ve already done a Nails of the Week post this week but never mind – it’s Christmas! I used a Rimmel 60 Seconds nail polish for the base (819 Green With Envy) which normally looks turquoise but adding the gold glitter has made it look much more green. It looks different colours in different lights so here are a few photos for you……
I’m not going to have time to post now until after Christmas so I hope you all have a lovely few Christmassy days!