The latest lip balm I’ve added to my collection is the Barefoot Botanicals Rosa Fina Lip Salve from MyPure. It is so good! I don’t feel as though I need to reapply it all the time as it is really moisturising. It has a slightly weird flavour – cardamom and rose -which I can see some people not liking. I didn’t like it at all when I first used it but it turns out that it just doesn’t go with the taste of toothpaste! It gives your lips a bit of shine and is the right consistency for the applicator. How annoying is it when lip balms are really runny and just pour out of the tube?! The Rosa Fina Lip Salve costs £12.95 for 15ml.
For my latest batch of cupcakes I thought I’d be a bit more inventive so went for a slightly out there flavour combination. It sounds weird but does taste good, I promise!
This recipe makes 6 large muffin size cupcakes.
For the cakes…..
115g self raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
115g caster sugar
grated rind of 1 orange
6 cardamom pods
For the icing…..
175g icing sugar
few drops of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4 and put 6 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs together in a mug using a fork and then add gradually to the mixing bowl. Beat each time you add more egg.
4. Add the orange rind. Squash the cardamom pods with the flat of a knife to get all of the seeds out and then add these to the mixture.
5. Sift the flour if needed and then fold gently into the mixture along with the baking powder.
6. Share out the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and then bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. To make the icing, cream the butter with the vanilla extract and then gradually mix in the icing sugar. It’s best to add the icing sugar gradually, otherwise it takes forever to mix!
8. I used an icing bag for applying the icing but you don’t need to do that. I also topped them with Shimmer Sugar from Dr Oetker and, of course, some edible glitter!