Here is another quick gift guide, this time with different beauty products which would make great Christmas presents….
1. Arbonne Ginger Citrus Body Butter: I love this body butter, it smells wonderful! RRP £23 for 340g
2. The Bubbles & Butters Company: I love the fun, colourful packaging of these products and they are not too expensive either. The Super Soft Bath Bubbles cost £6 for 450ml and the Skin Nourishing Body Butters cost £6 for 275ml. You can buy this range online here.
3. Calcot Manor Beauty Products: This is a spa range available from Tesco. I have the body scrub and de-stress shower gel and they are just gorgeous.
4. Ajala Spa Botanical Bath & Shower Oil – Energising Amyris & Bergamot: This is a brilliant oil and is really moisturising – perfect for winter skin. It’s not as expensive as other spa brands and you can but it online. RRP £12.99 for 100ml
5. Benbow & Blake: There are some great looking products in this range. I have the Bath & Body Wash which smells amazing! RRP Bath & Body Wash £12.50 for 15ml
6. Ahava Red Ornament Christmas Gift: This is a really lovely Hibiscus & Fig Botanic Cream Wash in cute packaging. RRP £6 for 85ml
Body scrubs are essential for smooth summer skin. Here are a couple I’ve been using recently, one which is an everyday sort of price and another more expensive.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Body Scrub costs just £4.99 for 200g. It smells very chocolatey in the tub but a little synthetic once you start lathering it. It has a nice creamy texture and contains cocoa butter, shea butter and vitamin E to moisturise while exfoliating. The smell doesn’t linger on your skin for long so is good if you want to use a scented body lotion or perfume.
Pure Lochside Organic Sugar Body Scrub is more expensive at £23 for 200g. It smells totally amazing and feels much more luxurious. Even the tub, made of thick glass, feels expensive. This scrub contains macadamia, sweet almond, organic essential oils and virgin coconut oils with no parabens or other nasty chemicals. I really love this scrub as it leaves my skin feeling moisturised and also lightly scented. As it’s a sugar scrub, it doesn’t leave little gritty bits behind which are a pain to clean!
Has anyone used either of these? If you have any other scrubs which you’d recommend then let me know in the comments!
This Lovea Bio Body Scrub is brilliant. It has quite big grainy bits to exfoliate so I was a bit worried that it would be really harsh on my skin but it turns out to be pretty gentle. Sometimes scrubs can dry my skin out but this one is nice and moisturising – it contains Argan oil which is known for being a good moisturiser. I tried out the Lovea Bio Argan Oil from MyPure last month and loved it which is part of the reason for getting the body scrub this month.
The scrub also contains orange peel and sugar which give it a smell that’s almost good enough to eat! I have found that the squeezy bottle sometimes gets blocked up by the scrub but a big squeeze seems to sort that out! I think it might be better though if this came in a tub rather than bottle. Other than that I really like this scrub and will definitely be buying it again!
My second MyPure product this month is the A’kin Sandalwood & Sweet Orange Invigorating Body Scrub. If you’ve read some of my other MyPure reviews then you’ll know that I’ve loved all of the A’kin products I’ve tried before and this one is no exception.
A’kin is an Australian brand and all of their products contain only natural ingredients without all of the nasty chemicals. Their products have all been created without animal products or animal testing so they have been certified by the Australian Vegan Society as well as being halal certified.
The body scrub smells amazing and after using it a few times I’m already noticing that my skin feels smoother. I really like the fact that the exfoliating bits in the scrub are very small so it is gentle and doesn’t leave my skin all red like other scrubs I’ve used. You don’t need to use very much as it lathers up well which means that the bottle should last for quite a long time. This body scrub is for all skin types and I’d 100% recommend it!
Radox have some new shower gels just for men which have bright, stand out packaging and a wake-you-up sort of smell. I really love how colourful all of the products are and the hooks which fold out from the top of the packets are handy for storing them.
There are 4 different types available:
• Radox Men Deep Clean Watermint & Sea Minerals
• Radox Men Deep Clean Shower Scrub Lime and Ginger
• Radox Men Invigorating Shower gel and Shampoo Mint and Tea Tree
• Radox Men Invigorating Shower gel and Shampoo Lemon and Tea Tree
I think they’d make good ‘stocking filler’ type presents as they are only £1.99. They are also really easy to get hold of as they are sold in lots of supermarkets and chemists.