115g caster sugar
85g self raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
85g desiccated coconut
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp milk
Zest of 1 lime
100g dark chocolate
1 tbsp golden syrup
50g unsalted butterMethod
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4 and put 12 cupcake cases in a tray.
2. Cream the margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
3. Gradually add the eggs to the mixture, beating after each addition.
4. Mix in the coconut, lime zest and milk
5. Fold in the flour gently, with the baking powder.
6. Share out the mixture evenly into the cases and then bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. To make the icing, melt all of the ingredients together – simple! Wait for it to cool and set slightly before trying to ice the cakes or it will go everywhere.